Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of this set up

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of this set up

I'm pretty much looking to get a lot of power out of my LS1 like all of us are I'm looking towards the obvious mods like longtubes, ls6 intake manifold, suspension and 4:10's, lid ect. Driveability isnt an issue really for me, I want the power as the sacrafice and I already have a beater for the rain. What do you guys think of the T-Rex v.2 cam? Of course I'd need new rockers ect.

Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - T-ReX v.2 - 242/248 - .608/.612 - 110 lsa 3500-6700 RPM Power Band. Violent mid-range & high RPM power.

They got 451 hp out of a 99 T/A and I'm hoping to do the same, any comments?
Old 11-05-2004, 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lighten the car up and definitely go for the 4.10's. If you want fast without spending the money for heads, people have done it with the T-Rex v.2 and the mods you're pondering.

If you're not planning on heads, then I'd say go for it!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black_knight
Lighten the car up and definitely go for the 4.10's. If you want fast without spending the money for heads, people have done it with the T-Rex v.2 and the mods you're pondering.

If you're not planning on heads, then I'd say go for it!
Thanks! What ways to you suppose I lighten my land yatch with? I wish I had a lighter formula
Old 11-05-2004, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the EGR stuff, get a lightweight K-member, get true duals dumped before the axle, remove the air conditioner, get a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood. That's off the top of my head; there's plenty more in the sticky in the drag racing forum. You have to decide for yourself what you are willing to remove and what you are not.

Oh, and I've got the hardtop, too
Old 11-06-2004, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black_knight
Remove the EGR stuff, get a lightweight K-member, get true duals dumped before the axle, remove the air conditioner, get a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood. That's off the top of my head; there's plenty more in the sticky in the drag racing forum. You have to decide for yourself what you are willing to remove and what you are not.

Oh, and I've got the hardtop, too
Thanks bud, damn your bird must be a rare one.