Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation idle issues

yesterday afternoon i left and went to a friends house, which is about 50 miles away. stayed there for about 5 or 6 hours. when i left my moms house it was about 65 degrees, and when i left my friends house it was about 50. anyway, i noticed when i stopped to get gas on my way home, when i was stopped the idle was dropping to about 200 or so. the car never died or anything, it would just drop and come back up. when i got to the gate at my moms i had to stop for a second, and it didnt do it. this morning i had to move my car out of the driveway, and it was dropping again. i pulled back in the driveway and popped the hood, and the idle seemed to straighten itself out. but whenever i give the car even a little bit of gas, the idle will drop to about 200 or so, and eventually work its way back up to the normal 800 or so. it does it no matter how much throttle i give it. if i rev to 3000, and slowly let it drop while still giving it light throttle...when i let off it still drops. if i just barely tap the gas it will do it. it doesnt sound or feel any different than it did when i was running fine. and all it did was sit in front of my friends house for a few hours.