Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam lobe aggressiveness?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam lobe aggressiveness?

Can anyone make a list of lobes availbable for LS motors, from most to least aggressive? I am more interested in valvetrain life than drivability.

I know comp XE-Rs are more aggressive than XEs, and that Futral's cam motion lobes are less aggressive than XE-Rs. Whatever lobes GM uses on the hotcam ASA cam are very unaggressive. I'd imagine the LS6's lobes aren't very aggressive either, but looking at its specs they should be more aggressive than the ASA's or hotcam's.

If anyone has any info on how big of a difference there is between these lobes, I would like to know (ie graphs?). As I will be going with a less-aggressive lobes, I'd like to know how much more duration would be needed to achieve the same power potential. I suppose I could ask the sponsor I by my AFRs from, but it doesn't seem like anyone has any experience with anything but XE-Rs or other very aggressive lobes.

Thanks for any help.
Grant
Old 12-26-2004, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Grant,

The sponsors do have alot of experience with different cam lobes. If you haven't called them yet, don't base your answers on what you read on the forum.

You could always go custom as the price is the same. Just fill out some forms ( for most cam designers ) and they will design a cam based on your answers. And discuss cam lobes till your hearts content as you will be paying.

Food for thought.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:23 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my custom cam lobes fall in the middle and they were choosen with valvetrain stability and spring life in mind for an endurance application.