Sponsored by:

yes another Vinci head test

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrr23
predator-z - thank you.

sam98ws6 - this test is not to see how it compares to your AS heads. it is to compare against the stock LS1 853 castings that are on her car. there will be no stirring of the pot. thanks for your info though. and as i said, those are not the flow numbers for MY heads. so, hold of on your comments and comparisons until i post them.
I was commenting on the flow numbers Predator Z posted and removed..he got me again....just to point out to others that in the range of flow numbers advertised and unadvertised by various sponsors...those numbers were average. Is that Tech content?

I dont have AS Heads. You are providing technical posts for all of us to review. I look forward to your info...im here to learn...and I wont post in your threads again unless im drug into it. I'll just be reading them. Your welcome.

Last edited by SAM98WS6; 01-09-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAM98WS6
I was commenting on the flow numbers Predator Z posted and removed..he got me again....just to point out to others that in the range of flow numbers advertised and unadvertised by various sponsors...those numbers were average. Is that Tech content?

I dont have AS Heads. You are providing technical posts for all of us to review. I look forward to your info...im here to learn...and I wont post in your threads again unless im drug into it. I'll just be reading them. Your welcome.

sam - you are correct. it was bigdsz (changed the post to his name) that posted the numbers for the AS 2.5 heads he has. that was my mistake. but there was no need to post the numbers were 'average'. as i said i don't mind you or anyone else asking questions. it is what i put the thread up for. but, my original question in starting this was what parameters would you like to see in this test still hasn't been answered. just more tiny pot shots at vinci.

i'll give you my parameters for this test i want to see. vinci has a breakout box that can lock the auto tranny into 3rd gear. i will make a 'normal' dyno run that consists of starting the run at 72mph (about 3200 rpm). that is the lowest i can go in the car and it won't downshift. then i'll lock the tranny into 3rd gear and make a run from 2000 rpm and up. this way it'll give you the broadest hp and tq curve possible.

Last edited by mrr23; 01-09-2005 at 09:02 AM.