Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine build up price.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine build up price.

there is a guy selling a car with a motor thats knocking I think its a spun bearing .Anyway i was wondering what itwould cost to rebuild it i was going with forged diamond pistons and a good set of forged rods and i was wondering where and how much the bearings will cost .Also about how much for machine work.I think its a spun bearing .So what will i have to get done to the crank.
Old 01-09-2003, 11:08 PM
I can shift faster than you.

Default Re: engine build up price.

You are going to need to have the block honed for the new pistons, have the rotating assembly balanced, surface the deck, and have the crank turned. This is going to run you ~$600 or so, depending on the machine shop. Assembly would be an extra $250-400.

Jason
Old 01-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Default Re: engine build up price.

Thanx Man,when i get the block surfaces how much will that affect the Cr will i not have to get the heads milled to raiise the Cr.And will i have to have shorter rods are will stock length work? And what about the push rod length will i have to get shorter ones. What aboiut if it is a spun bearing what will they have to do to the block to fix that?Also where is a good place to et the bearings and is there a place that has alike a kit for all the gaskets and bearing and stuff ?Sorry abotu all the questions but im trying to see if it will be worth it to buy this car.