Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help I'm confused

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help I'm confused

ok you LS1 guru's i'm in need of some serious help. I went to the track tonight and ran once did ok i guess ran a 13.6. . . . . . Here is my problem I went from 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th. (flame away i know you're probably wondering how you miss 4th, I know I am.)

Ok now for the wierd part. obviously the car went to like 10 million rpm upon release of the clutch while it was in 2nd. The car didn't blow up like I thought it did, but it has this very annoying tick. Like a tick you would get with a bad lifter or even an manifold/header leak. Is it possible to lose all the oil in the lifter from the high rpm's? (Like I said I'm lost) The car still runs fine oil pressure is still normal temp no SES codes nothing. While drive the car you can't even hear the damn ticking. ANYONE have any idea what it is and how to fix it. PLEASE HELP. thanks in advanced.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude this is very common mistake in 6 speed cars (for the most part). YOu more than likely bent a pushrod. What you should do is remove the coil packs and remove the valve covers. you can then remove the rocker arms and pull the pushrods. Roll them on a piece of glass or you might just see that it is bent.

go to www.ls1howto.com and it has pics to show how it is done. Not hard to do at all and you should be able to reuse the valve cover gaskets. Good Luck.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for a 13.6, with no mods or minimal mods that is good. You are at sea level, but the humidity is probably high so don't worry about that.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

well its the first for me and hopefully the last. . . . I was thinking that it was a pushrod but wasnt sure because i thought a bent rod would affect performance. huh you learn something new everyday. man I'm glad i bought those new pushrods a while ago for my upcoming engine build i'll never be able to afford. thanks again

well it was going to be a good run untill i hit 2nd the 2nd time. yeah 13.6 isnt bad but trapping 89.xxx isnt too good just shows 2nd gears isnt good to down shift like they do on 2 Fast 2 Furious!!!! yeah its damn near sea level it is normally really humid here but tonight was nice cool about 75* but had like a 15mph head wind. Ohh well i still smoked the stang in other lane thats all that matters right?

Last edited by SmokeShow99SS; 01-22-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

i'm gunna bet a push rod... been there done that.. only i shifted 1-2-1 that wasn't fun...
Old 01-22-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blacktransam
i'm gunna bet a push rod... been there done that.. only i shifted 1-2-1 that wasn't fun...

i bet not i posed a movie in the multimedia section if you'll would like to see it cant really tell from the movie just when they read off my E.T and trap speed