Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR 205-Fast 90 Sealing Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR 205-Fast 90 Sealing Issues

Has anyone had sealing issues with thier Fast 90mm base lining up with the AFR heads and leaking?Everyone with a Fast 90 complains about the throttle body sticking and I fixed that but the idle was still fluctuating.I went ahead and hooked the motor up to my evaporative system smoke machine and found a leak on the intake port of the #2 cylinder.I pulled the intake and was puzzled with the problem.The intake has locators on all cylinders except #2+7 and that is were mine is leaking.If you push the intake back when tightening it, the #7 leaks,If I pull it forward ,the #2 leaks.There is no happy ground here.I found the problem to be that the locator holes in the head on #2+#7 fall right under the intake seal on those cylinders when pulled back or forward on the intake.I don't know wheather the problem is the heads or the intake but I fixed it by filling the locator pockets on the head on #2+#7 with ultra gray sealant,installing the intake and letting the car sit 1 day and I re tested with the smoke machine and I have no leaks.The car now idles better and I feel more confident on not leaning out a cylinder and popping a motor.
Anyone else with this combo try using a smoke machine?Does anyone else have this issue?I worked on it for 7 hours before I even figured it out.Without the smoke machine there is no way of telling there was a leak.Any input would be great.
Anthony