Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decreasing compression

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default decreasing compression

Whats the best way to decrease compression. I milled more on the heads than I should have .050 and am running LPE gt2-5 in a 5.3 Ive had to pull alot of timing to get rid of pinging currently its lower than 24 degrees. Ive thought about getting some thick head gaskests around .040 compressed and wonder if the benefits would be evident. I know this would kill my quench but at this point Im about to put the stock heads back on so I can tune it and not have to worry about detonation or hot spots.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know how high your compression is but I would take out a lot more timeing before changing the heads or the gaskets. Also a cam with more duration would bleed off more cylinder pressure at lower revs and maybe help with ping at tip in. Are you tuning with ls edit so you can do a complete tune?
Old 03-13-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
I do not know how high your compression is but I would take out a lot more timeing before changing the heads or the gaskets. Also a cam with more duration would bleed off more cylinder pressure at lower revs and maybe help with ping at tip in. Are you tuning with ls edit so you can do a complete tune?
my tune was done on a dyno with ls1 edit and some other software my tuner uses. I just think I could get alot more out of this cam with more timing.