Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

missing at idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missing at idle

Hey fellas. I know this is my first post, but believe me I've been lurking for a while on this site and I have done numerous searches, and have come up with nothing that sounds like whats wrong here. Fact is, this is the first problem I've had with my car (1998 T/A A4, Bradygoodz' old car pretty much bone stock, got about 95k). The other day I started her up, no problem. Drove it about 2 miles to a pool. So when I brake to park the car the rpms hold at around 1500 then drop suddenly to about 6-750. Then all hell breaks loose, she starts idling (for lack of a better description) like shes got a cam with some crazy lsa. Drove her back to the house. On the way back home, SES light comes on. Checked wires, plugs, intake, and TB. Nothing. I'm going to have it Auto Tapped the next time Im off of work. But Id really rather fix it myself! Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Last edited by GMTECH; 03-27-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Limp mode?? Maybe the knock sensors read something??
Old 03-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Could be limp mode (its definately "limping"). But there is no audible knock, I'll see if I cant check the sensors, though. I appreciate the response. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Edit:I also just had cats put back on the car to pass emissions. When I say cats, I mean POS cats. Could it be an O2 sensor thats clogged, or possibly the cats being clogged that is causing my problem?

Last edited by GMTECH; 03-27-2005 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Just for anyones future research...I had it Auto Tapped. Unknown code 1404(I think thats what it was). Turned out to be carbon clogging the EGR valve.