Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started Heads/Cam Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Started Heads/Cam Install

What did you use to remove the old head gasket material?

I've been planning on putting in new Harlan Sharps (which I bought about 3 months ago) but I am really riding the fence now as to whether I should just use the stock rocker arms...any input?

So far everything has gone really well, I'm completely stripped down to the block, and we've got about 4 - 5 hours with 2 guys into it.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Use a small plastic ice scraper (for car windows), and be thorough. Not hard to do. The whole block surface just needs to be smooth.

As for the rocker arms...I don't know much about the Harlan Sharps, but the stockers are good and many people use them after a H/C. I am still on the stock ones and will be for a while, out of choice, not monetary reasons.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Temple, TX Resident

john force uses harland sharps sooo how could u go wrong with those ??
Old 04-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Temple, TX Resident

Originally Posted by f-bodman
I'm sure he's using the same one's that are made for the LS1 :rollseyes:
dude all i was trying to say is its more than likely a good company if he uses them come on now im not dumb
Old 04-02-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took the post down as soon as I put it up so chill, if you do a search there are many people who have had problems with the harlan sharps. Since I also have a set of HS rockers also I would like to hear some useful input.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jimm
Use a small plastic ice scraper (for car windows), and be thorough. Not hard to do. The whole block surface just needs to be smooth.

As for the rocker arms...I don't know much about the Harlan Sharps, but the stockers are good and many people use them after a H/C. I am still on the stock ones and will be for a while, out of choice, not monetary reasons.

yeah, after I put this post up, I kept on reading ahead on my install instructions and it said the same thing, use a ice scraper. Seems like it should be a little cleaner than that, but I trust it.

As for the rockers, not sure what I'll do yet...half of me wants to sell them and keep the stockers and buy something else, the other half says use them.