Sponsored by:

Cam install update!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:17 PM
DJB
12 Second club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam install update!!

I first want to thank everyone on here for their info. With out the info I recieved from all my post I would not have been able to install my cam. The cam I installed was a LPE GT2-5,the specs are 222/222 .566 112 LSA. I never really got to hear a cammed LS1 in person. I went with what everyone was saying on the forum about cams. I thought since my cam was on a 112 LSA that it was going to be choppy as hell. I started the car up and it was only slightly choppier than stock. All my friends say they can't really tell the difference. The cam pulls harder from 3k up. I plan to get a mail order tune,if I didn't remove my egr and air I wouldn't need a tune because the cam idles almost the same as stock. I also bought an LS6 intake but I haven't put it on yet because one of the coolant block off plugs was missing from the package. So I am waiting for it to get here so I can install the intake and see how much faster it feels. I checked the tracking and the plug should be here tomorrow. I just wanted to give eveyone a heads up on my cam install since I did many of searches on the GT2-5 and noticed hardly anyone has this cam. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it may idle close to stock, but the most important part of a tune is getting your a/f ratio right in order to maximize power