Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak and pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil leak and pressure issue

I recently had the engine rebuilt, and after putting the break-in miles on it, I took it to dyno. Ever since the dyno run there has now been a very small leak that I can't pin point. It appears to be coming from where the bell housing and the trany meet but there isn't any "trail" up either side of the housing. In looking a little more closely, I'm still puzzled but I can also see oil near the oil filter but not related to the filter itself (up higher).
This has been present about 2 weeks and now I'm having oil pressure issues. The oil is topped off and pressure increases as you increase RPM's but at idle the pressure drops off to a little below 30 PSI and sometime fluctuatesfrom 20 to 30(pressure use to hold no lower than 40).
......could these issues be related ?
Any ideas ?

Help !
TIA

Last edited by TheBowtieboy; 04-13-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am fighting the same battle man . Got a nice leak somewhere in the same area and cant figure out where . While under there I noticed that my rack & pinion unit is leaking PLUS an oil leak . Make sure your rack isnt leaking and making it look like an oil leak . I got both !

Needless to say I will be following this thread to see if anyone that has had this issue has resolved it or not .
Old 04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your input.

....anyone else ?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go to your local parts store, get some brake clean to clean off as much as you can, and see if they have the ultraviolet die you can pour in you oil system. run around for a few days and get a black light under your car and see if you can see where its coming from. use a mirror and check the oil sender at the back of the intake on the drivers side. maybe it's running down and that is what your seeing.