Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patroit performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patriots are the best bang for the buck. Not only that but their customer service is 2nd to none. I sent back 1 of my sets of Patriots 2 yrs after I took them off my car because of defective valve springs. I bought them from Terry when they first were available. He knew I had a stroker so he put extra effort into getting them to flow as much as he could. Two years later, Terry had long left the company and Gunner honored the warranty work. Not only did he replace the springs but he ran the latest CNC program on them, put brand new valves springs and seals on them. They were shipped back free of charge with a brand new set of head bolts and gaskets. You cant ask for better than that. They are the best bang for the buck out there.

Last edited by StevieZ; 05-14-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieZ
Patriots are the best bang for the buck. Not only that but their customer service is 2nd to none. I sent back 1 of my sets of Patriots 2 yrs after I took them off my car because of defective valve springs. I bought them from Terry when they first were available. He knew I had a stroker so he put extra effort into getting them to flow as much as he could. Two years later, Terry had long left the company and Gunner honored the warranty work. Not only did he replace the springs but he ran the latest CNC program on them, put brand new valves springs and seals on them. They were shipped back free of charge with a brand new set of head bolts and cometic gaskets. You cant ask for better than that. They are the best bang for the buck out there.
yep u got that wright plp might have their beef with PP but as far as i am concern they got my vote.

for press of the U.S lol just kidding but they alright by me thats for sure.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those are pretty nice power numbers for his mods. I have an identical Heads and cam setup except I have a ported tb, asp pulley, Corsa muffler and I am running cats. I lost almost 10rwhp and 10rwtq by adding the cats on stock heads. I bet they are holding me back more or the same now.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patriots are the best bang for the buck. Not only that but their customer service is 2nd to none. I sent back 1 of my sets of Patriots 2 yrs after I took them off my car because of defective valve springs. I bought them from Terry when they first were available. He knew I had a stroker so he put extra effort into getting them to flow as much as he could. Two years later, Terry had long left the company and Gunner honored the warranty work. Not only did he replace the springs but he ran the latest CNC program on them, put brand new valves springs and seals on them. They were shipped back free of charge with a brand new set of head bolts and cometic gaskets. You cant ask for better than that. They are the best bang for the buck out there.

That amazes me.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

they've come a long way since then (and that's not for the good)...i don't know why any head company would replace a broken spring after 2 years...springs wear out ya know
Old 05-12-2005, 04:07 PM
FormerVendor

We strive to offer great customer service. We appreciate all of the kind words.

Last edited by Gunnar@Patriot; 05-12-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Launching!

I can not really complain about mine, I have had no problems and my car does not run bad at the track, no dyno numbers though.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 777
they've come a long way since then (and that's not for the good)...i don't know why any head company would replace a broken spring after 2 years...springs wear out ya know
You should re-read my post. I said 2 yrs AFTER I TOOK THEM OFF. Those heads were on the car with those springs for all of 3 weeks. I replaced the broken springs and ran them for 1/2 a season.

Last edited by StevieZ; 05-14-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Hey..just got my 2000 SS back from dyno. Has Patriot 59cc heads, GM LS6 hot cam, ls6 intake, SLP cat backs, cold air induction, BBK 80mm TB, 36 lb injectors. Made 389 HP to rear wheels. Gonna have to go bigger cam I think.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

lol..small cam, stock heads...see sig.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2000SSVert
Hey..just got my 2000 SS back from dyno. Has Patriot 59cc heads, GM LS6 hot cam, ls6 intake, SLP cat backs, cold air induction, BBK 80mm TB, 36 lb injectors. Made 389 HP to rear wheels. Gonna have to go bigger cam I think.
manual or auto trans?

Quick Reply: Patroit performance