Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Mild Ported LS6 heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Mild Ported LS6 heads

Im kinda new to the LS1 scene. Where can I find some mildly ported LS6 heads. Any web sites would be great. About how much would I expect to pay? This is for an Auto 2000 C5. Parts ready to go on car so far are the LSX TB and Intake, TR 224 and the Vararam is already on. Car will also have full exhaust and I know to get a torque converter. Just want to do heads then thats it. Its not going to be a drag car but it needs a little more power . And last but not least it needs to be a smog legal set of heads too as I live in Cali . Would the 205 AFR's out of the box be better or to much for my set up. Thx

I know a lot of people on here have more knowledge of a good heads and cam combo then I

Also how do I subscribe to a thread? NM figured it out
Old 05-19-2005, 05:12 AM
Teching In

If you don't already have a set of LS6 heads to give the head porter to off set the core charge. You would be better off buying AFR 205s, they should work well with your setup.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:32 AM
Staging Lane

whos the best vendor to purchase these from? or should I just go to the AFR site?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GMPP makes a set of mildly ported LS6 heds that you can buy from www.SDPC2000.com
They flow very well, and come fully assembled
Old 05-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Staging Lane

for the AFR's whats the advantages and disadvantages of the 66cc vs. the 76cc? Is one just for lower compression ration for blowers? im new to the heads thing. Also the LS6 heads are a good price but are the AFR's a good deal better? I wouldnt mind spending the extra cash for a better part and a bit more power.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cobras_Rule
whos the best vendor to purchase these from? or should I just go to the AFR site?
The AFRs price is about $2182.00 and seems to be set in stone right now. No matter who you buy them from that is the going rate although some vendors will give you free shipping. The GMPP heads are also good and will cost nearly as much as the AFRs. Right now the AFRs seem to be the heads everybody wants. Perhap others will chime in to let you know just how good the GMPP heads really are.