Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dissapointing head flow numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Oh yeah I forgot... NASCAR BOYS KNOW EVERYTHING!!!

Oh yeah BTW... the trend I have seen in Cup SB2.2 heads is a larger cross sectional area with a higher flowing port and they are also developing more HP and a better TQ curve.... hmmmm wonder what's up with that?

SB2.2 2.200 valve 4.200 bore. 38cc chamber around 3.5 sq/in MCA

.2 152
.3 226
.4 305
.5 375
.6 418
.7 429
.8 446
.9 453
1. 456

The smaller cup bore and 2.180 valve knock a few CFM off of those numbers for what is actually on the cars....

I'm not here to even care about the thread anymore or discuss this, it's just another point on the thread from someone who is very vocal, intelligent and knows his stuff.

Anyways on to our regular programing... I'm going back into hibernation ZZzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz
Let's get something straight right now, I'm not a " Nascar Boy" and nor is offshore boats, pro stocks, trans am, IRL, AMA superbike, baja truck racing, offroad trucks, drag racing, street racing and 10.5 outlaw racing affiliated with Nascar either. But I've had an impact on all of them with the knowledge I've gained from someone elses millions of dollars of dyno reasearch, I came here to help, if my views rub you the wrong way, Good, without opposition there can be no inovation, everbody agreeing with the same concept would be dull and stagnent, Imagine with our newer technology of smaller efficient port designs how these motors of today would spank those older muscle car motors if we could have 400+ cubic incn motors with unlimited compression and high octane gas ? New ideas, remember that.....it's the future. and by the way, one of the weakest forms of defense is name calling, sorry to see you had to go there.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Tucunare
New ideas, remember that.....it's the future.
Then take some of your own advice and open your eyes to ideas that really do WORK even though they didn't come out of Jack's shop!

and by the way, one of the weakest forms of defense is name calling, sorry to see you had to go there.
I believe the condescending, arrogance and insulting started from your side.....

If you can't see that I guess there's no help for you.
Why don't you soak in a little of what I'm posting instead of spouting off.
Let's have some examples of yours that fits this thread other than just saying, "Matching parts are better" That's really lame
Let's make this real, real, simple for you to understand.
Apparanty you didn't read the post about the cam curves with differant heads , Your dead wrong....Mr. Roush would agree with me, we saw it over and over. and please to group our cam selections with mail order engines. your only insulting yourself by by taking it to that leval.
How many cam and head tests have you actually performed on the dyno. ????
This from only a five minute search of this thread....

Yup.... Bret has the "attitude" and you are the "holy one"...

... and why haven't you answered the simple questions J-rod has posted????

Ed
Old 06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 66deuce
Derek,i think you will put down some very good numbers,probably better than you think.what cam are you running?
Trying to get a custom cam made. But I am having trouble getting my selected shop to get back in touch with me.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Derek98z
Trying to get a custom cam made. But I am having trouble getting my selected shop to get back in touch with me.
Bret or Ed will set ya straight hell they are taking so much to post in your post maybe one of them will read this part bro

hint hint Berretta and Mr. Curtis.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

Ya Floyd, that would be cool. I'll have everrything ready with the new motor this weekend........except a cam =(
Old 06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

If neither one of them gets back to you today I'm gonna drunk dial Bret at home round 4 am his time.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

LOL,
Hey who did you say can do a custom cometic gasket? I forgot.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL,
Hey who did you say can do a custom cometic gasket? I forgot.
ET Performance

---------->

or Bret and Ed Curtis lol
Old 06-20-2005, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

got a response on my cam. OMG =) info to follow later!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

got a response on my cam. OMG =) info to follow later!
L337 pm me who it was on mofbody!
Old 06-20-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Originally Posted by MUSTANGEATER
Bret or Ed will set ya straight hell they are taking so much to post in your post maybe one of them will read this part bro

hint hint Berretta and Mr. Curtis.
Come on... I have to be very careful what I do here....

I'm not on the "list" ---->

Ed
Old 06-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EDC
Then take some of your own advice and open your eyes to ideas that really do WORK even though they didn't come out of Jack's shop!

I believe the condescending, arrogance and insulting started from your side.....

This from only a five minute search of this thread....

Yup.... Bret has the "attitude" and you are the "holy one"...

... and why haven't you answered the simple questions J-rod has posted????

Ed
For one, the dyno doesn't know who's shop it's in, the dyno doesn't manipulate h.p. numbers for Jack or anybody else, when monitored in a repeatable setting you can decifer what works and what doesn't based on stringent and calclated testing. back in your early replies you mentioned how people from pro stock and nascar teams understand heads.....you didn't know where I had worked at that time. now that I "exposed" myself and my backround you call me a "nascar boy" like it's supposed to be some kind of an insult and that I don't see things in a real world. " so what is it ???? I could hardly believe that anybody in the " real world" or on this forum would think that having an insiders perspective from one of the most successful nascar and trans am teams in history and getting this information handed to them for free would be something other than positive. I guess I was wrong. As for J.Rods questions, I did try and answer some of them for him, just not on the open forum. And by the way, you'd be amazed how many private e-mails I've received supporting me and encouraging me to continue posting on this forum. you don't have all the supporters you think you have, trust me, you can take that to the bank
Old 06-20-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

I understand were Tucunare is coming from just like I do about Tony Mamo. When ya do this stuff day in and day out you get to see whats BS and whats smoke and mirrors- then every once and a while you get to see something that rocks. If I had a flow bench and a dyno to my disposal I would probably be doing the same thing as Tucunare and some of the other noteable guys on this forum- teching on whats learned after hard work and r&d. Im just a simple guy and dont have the budget to go as far as some(that is why my intake ports are only 218cc at the biggest) but do like to see guys with that background giving advice without trying to sell something.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Cool

For one, the dyno doesn't know who's shop it's in, the dyno doesn't manipulate h.p. numbers for Jack or anybody else, when monitored in a repeatable setting you can decifer what works and what doesn't based on stringent and calclated testing.
Gee... so prophetic! To quote from a famous line.. "No **** Batman"...

Please tell me where anyone has said anything against this line of thinking?

As usual... you are just rehashing the same things that were said by others in this thread... BFD...

Can you return to the "heads mean nothing" philosophy you a so fond of... At least that was within the topic...

back in your early replies you mentioned how people from pro stock and nascar teams understand heads.....you didn't know where I had worked at that time. now that I "exposed" myself and my backround you call me a "nascar boy" like it's supposed to be some kind of an insult and that I don't see things in a real world. " so what is it ???? I could hardly believe that anybody in the " real world" or on this forum would think that having an insiders perspective from one of the most successful nascar and trans am teams in history and getting this information handed to them for free would be something other than positive. I guess I was wrong.
Not to speak for Bret....

There are plenty of people who have "inside" contacts and information. You try to make it appear as if you are the "only one" who knows anything about anything in the racing world...

Guess what???? "You are not the only one"..

so yes, I guess you are correct in your last comment.... you "are" wrong!

As for J.Rods questions, I did try and answer some of them for him, just not on the open forum.
...and??? They were asked in public so share them with the public...

And by the way, you'd be amazed how many private e-mails I've received supporting me and encouraging me to continue posting on this forum.
No I wouldn't be amazed.... PM is a function of many boards so I would have to say, this place is no different...

I just wish I had all this "extra" time like you do to get to all that... You must be one bored person over at Livernois...

you don't have all the supporters you think you have, trust me, you can take that to the bank
Gee... I'll be loosing sleep over that... no supporters... Gee...

Ed
Old 06-20-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is there a ******* echo in here or what? Repetition is the key to success but it really doesn't win many arguements or make much sense after the 6th or 7th time, I think most people get tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. For the arguements purpose it doesn't matter a bit who ported the heads if the combination is matched properly.

Hell I know who is going my next set of Cylinder Heads.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EDC
Gee... so prophetic! To quote from a famous line.. "No **** Batman"...

Please tell me where anyone has said anything against this line of thinking?

As usual... you are just rehashing the same things that were said by others in this thread... BFD...

Can you return to the "heads mean nothing" philosophy you a so fond of... At least that was within the topic...

Not to speak for Bret....

There are plenty of people who have "inside" contacts and information. You try to make it appear as if you are the "only one" who knows anything about anything in the racing world...

Guess what???? "You are not the only one"..

so yes, I guess you are correct in your last comment.... you "are" wrong!

...and??? They were asked in public so share them with the public...

No I wouldn't be amazed.... PM is a function of many boards so I would have to say, this place is no different...

I just wish I had all this "extra" time like you do to get to all that... You must be one bored person over at Livernois...

Gee... I'll be loosing sleep over that... no supporters... Gee...

Ed
You're so great on digging up quotes, then why didn't dig one up where I said " heads mean nothing" and " I'm the "only one" from a nascar team. Now your just flat out lying , Please don't "QUOTE" me as saying things i never said, it's extremely rude !!!! As far as PM'ing, that's my parogative. I've had many request my imput that way so that it's not interupted, besides, why do you want to read what I say anyway ? Why don't you go back to my first post and re -read what I said, and PLEASE find something there that indicates that I said "Heads mean nothing" and when you find it, Please post my quote !!! And I'm never bored at Livernois, I do this out of my home at night when everything else is takin care of. I'm here to share information only, some appreciate it ........and some don't. but I'm certainly not going to spend any more time defending it, don't want to,don't have to, dyno sheets don't lie
Old 06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSTANGEATER
Is there a ******* echo in here or what? Repetition is the key to success but it really doesn't win many arguements or make much sense after the 6th or 7th time, I think most people get tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. For the arguements purpose it doesn't matter a bit who ported the heads if the combination is matched properly.

[/IMG]

this bitching fest has gone on long enough.

Tucunare, Ed, Bret, or anyone else feel free to start another thread to debate technical theories, philosophies, and stories without all this bickering.

Tucunare i'd be intereted in seeing your responses to Jarrods question posted for all the board to read.

and Ed, i'll be sending you a check for another cam soon

Quick Reply: dissapointing head flow numbers