Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1/LS6 PCV System. What is going on here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1/LS6 PCV System. What is going on here?

I have a 99 C5 with all the bolt-ons, H/C and an LS6 PCV conversion. I have the valley cover feeding my catch can, then going to my PCV valve then into the (LSX 90mm)intake manifold. I also have the vent tube from the passenger side valve cover going to my air bridge. I currently have Harland Sharp rockers and will be changing to Jessel SS's. I have an LS6 valve cover set and am getting ready to modify them for the Jessels. I was looking at the oil baffle in the valve cover and discovered that air flows from inside the cover easily to the outside, but it is restricted from flowing into the cover. This seems contradictory to what I have thought was the case. That being fresh air is supposed to flow into the valve cover from outside(the throttle body on a stock application). I'm trying to figure this out because I don't want to put spacers on my valve covers and I am pretty sure I just need to remove the baffle and maybe the roof runners to make this work. However, I want to put a second catch can between the valve cover and airbridge but I don't know which way the air is supposed to flow. If I use conventional wisdom and set it up to flow into the cover, that goes against the baffle's built in flow. Does anybody know what is going on here?