Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor question p0332

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default knock sensor question p0332

i tried search but didnt find what i was curious about. i have a SES light and pulled a p0322 code, but it said the code twice.. does that mean both knock sensors are bad? how much does each one cost? while im in there il just get a ls6 manifold, should i also get a bigger tb/ported or is that not needed? whats the going rate for a ls6 manifold and is new better or is used fine for this kind of part that has no moving peices? are the stock bolts reused? lastly i will need a coolant block off kit or a egr block off kit if i swap in a ls6 M?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

also can i drive around with a bad knock sensor? will i damage anything? should i keep my foot off the floor ?
Old 06-11-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

It means that your rear KS is malfunctioning (P0332), and it's not good because you will have a constant 4* of knock retard costing you about 15 to 20 ponies. If you're going to pull the intake you might as well replace both knock sensors and do the GM KS TSB (where you make a silcone dam [RTV red] around the sensors and remove the foam square under your new LS6 intake), definitely a good move!. The sensors are anywhere between 35 to 55 bucks (gmpartsdirect.com--->dealership).

The throttle body is your call, I still have the stocker. The LS6 intake comes with a coolant bypass kit (if you buy a new one). The LS6 intake costs about $400. Yes, you reuse the stock bolts. I would definitely ditch the EGR system. You'll need block off plates (headers/manifold) to remove the EGR. You can either make a set, or order them from somewhere like Pace.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Predator
It means that your rear KS is malfunctioning (P0332), and it's not good because you will have a constant 4* of knock retard costing you about 15 to 20 ponies. If you're going to pull the intake you might as well replace both knock sensors and do the GM KS TSB (where you make a silcone dam [RTV red] around the sensors and remove the foam square under your new LS6 intake), definitely a good move!. The sensors are anywhere between 35 to 55 bucks (gmpartsdirect.com--->dealership).

The throttle body is your call, I still have the stocker. The LS6 intake comes with a coolant bypass kit (if you buy a new one). The LS6 intake costs about $400. Yes, you reuse the stock bolts. I would definitely ditch the EGR system. You'll need block off plates (headers/manifold) to remove the EGR. You can either make a set, or order them from somewhere like Pace.
thanks a bunch !