Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great job!! And congrats!!!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

I know the feeling bud, congrats! I have NO mechanical skills or experience whatsoever, and last weekend with the help/supervision of my best friend (a very skilled mechanic) we turned my stock LS1 into an absolute beast in a matter of 48 hours. I went from a few intake/suspension boltons to Stage II FMS heads, FM13 Cam, Ported TB, FMS Ported LS6 intake, ASP pulley, Coated LTs to an offroad pipe and all the other small stuff (JWIS chain, ported oil pump, new 02's, new plugs, etc.).

It was a VERY long weekend with a few snags here and there, but overal it went very smoothly and DAMMMN what a feeling now that shes all done. I will be going to VEtte Doctors for a tune next week and I cant wait. The car pulls a *little harder right now, but you cant really feel it yet. I think I just changed too much stuff at once, my PCM had a heart attack. Im thinking a good tune will bring out a solid 50-75 more RWHP easy, not to mention a MUCH smoother running car (im experienceing all of the same things you are).

Once again, congrats bud!
Old 06-16-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

Very happy CONGRATS to you man!!!
"I did the cam swap myself.." is fun to say ain't it?!
Everytime i drive the car, i am impressed with the Futral cam, you will wonder how you got along with out it for so long!
Good numbers too!! Get that LS6 intake man!!