Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Clutch Problem

Im new when it comes to the T56 tranny, let me best describe my problem. Ok lets say Im trying to shift gears sometimes its harder then **** to do it. I noticed that this only happens when the clutch pedal does not eject fully it sometimes stays half down. Do I need to replace a spring or something to prevent this? Sometimes its hard to get it into reverse instead It keeps grinding the gears. Let me know,

Peace
Old 07-06-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sounds as if you have a master or slave problem since you're grinding gears as you try to get into reverse gear. Grinding is a symptom of poor disengagement not engagement. Slipping is the symptom of poor engagement. Hopefully it's the master and not the slave. If you don't get full disengagement of the engine and trans when you depress the clutch pedal gear selection will be difficult and damage can be the result. Don't continue with this practice. You need to determine whether you problem is at the master or the slave. You clutch pedal does have a heavy return spring, but that is likely NOT the cause of the pedals reluctance to return to home position. You need to monitor your clutch fluid in your master resevoir. When fluid level takes an unexpected drop you have a leak in the dyke somewhere. Just pray it isn't at the slave. The slave is concentrically mounted to the trans input shaft so removal is required for maintainance. If the pedal doesn't return fully home after having been depressed you COULD have a mechanical bind, but since you also have the other symptom you describe you likely are not returning all the fluid after disengaging the clutch. You may not be describing the symptom properly. When you release the pedal does it feel soft for a short time period if you quickly try to depress it or do you immediately feel the normal amount of resistance. Look for a fluid leak in and around the master if the fluid level low and don't forget to look on the firewall in the engine compartment as well as the passenger compartment.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks I appricate your help. Im going to go and inspect the problem. I hope its not the slave either to much of a difficult fix. Thanks again. Ill be getting back to you soon.