Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throwing a code after headers install

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation throwing a code after headers install

welp, its been about4 days since i got my headers and catted Y on. the SES light came on about 5 min after i was rideing around. took it to autozone and it was throwing one code ( P0134 ) which i think is the front drivers side o2. i checked all of the plugs and their good. do i need a new o2? i would like to know soon b/c they cost a pretty penny . thanks!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bolton98TA
welp, its been about4 days since i got my headers and catted Y on. the SES light came on about 5 min after i was rideing around. took it to autozone and it was throwing one code ( P0134 ) which i think is the front drivers side o2. i checked all of the plugs and their good. do i need a new o2? i would like to know soon b/c they cost a pretty penny . thanks!
Did you have to use extensions on the front 02 sensors to make them long enough to fit? The 02 sensors are real "picky" an don't always like the extensions. And sometimes the stock 02 don't like headers in general because they don't heat up as fast as the stock manifold do. We have found that the Bosch REAR 02s for the Corvette work great in place of our stock front 02s. They are long enough so you don't need extensions and they seem to tolerate headers better too. They run about $80 each at a auto parts store like Auto Zone or Advance Auto.