Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Intake Exhaust Combo

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Intake Exhaust Combo

for my new 2001 trans am ws6 m6 i want to do some simple modifications to give it a real muscular feel, while still being able to pass california emissions requirments. i dont mind harsh road manners and a rough idle (i actually would prefer it a little). i already have suspension, clutch and brakes decided, but now i need to figure out how to bump flywheel hp up to about 400.

i am looking for a good combination of a cam kit (including rockers, etc), cat-back exhaust, and intake (not including manifold - i like the stock ls6 intake)...

im kinda lost here, ive been searching threads for a couple of hours and everything is scattered and im new so im kinda confused. i just want all of the info in one place. so if anyone has a good combo thatll pass CA emmissions, please point me to a site where i can buy the parts too. thanks.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

you want a lid, short tube headers, no bigger than a 224/224 cam on a 114 lsa...check out thunder racing's TR224 - also do a search on this site for more information on it, 7.4 hardened pushrods, comp 918 springs, stock rockers, might also want to do a ported oil pump, timing chain & underdrive pulley while pulling everything apart - pick a catback in your price range (stay away from chokemasters)

work within your budget - you should get all the basic bolt on's before diving into a cam (lid, headers, catback, pulley)

oh and find a good tuner - you'll really need it to pass emissions

check the sponsor links --------------->
to get an idea of what everthing costs
texas speed and thunder racing have a very broad range of stuff for our cars
Old 07-08-2005, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

yeah what he said..
Old 07-08-2005, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by imsto0opid
for my new 2001 trans am ws6 m6 i want to do some simple modifications to give it a real muscular feel, while still being able to pass california emissions requirments. i dont mind harsh road manners and a rough idle (i actually would prefer it a little). i already have suspension, clutch and brakes decided, but now i need to figure out how to bump flywheel hp up to about 400.

i am looking for a good combination of a cam kit (including rockers, etc), cat-back exhaust, and intake (not including manifold - i like the stock ls6 intake)...

im kinda lost here, ive been searching threads for a couple of hours and everything is scattered and im new so im kinda confused. i just want all of the info in one place. so if anyone has a good combo thatll pass CA emmissions, please point me to a site where i can buy the parts too. thanks.
400 @ the crank, hell you don't need a cam for that, the right boltons can get you there. Got the those numbers myself if they did corected HP right when I dynoed. Don't get me wrong a cam is a sweet addition, gives the car attitude but it will be easier to pass the sniffer if you keep it simple , just my .02

Last edited by electricz28; 07-08-2005 at 07:23 PM.