Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 "low oil level" sensor problems???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 "low oil level" sensor problems???

I recently got back from a weekend trip to michigan, on the way there I threw out my passenger side O2 sensor. After I replaced the sensor at a buddy I made the trip home fine.

I started the car up the next day after work and my "low oil level" message came up on the display. I checked the oil and it was fine. I then drained it and put 7 qts of new oil in just to check that off the list of possibilities. The car was running extremely rich to later find out that I can not get the car to go into closed loop. I'm assuming it has something to do with the low oil sensor issue. I bought a new sensor and have just installed it, My problem now is I still have the low oil level message and it will not go away.

Is there something I need to do to clear this message. Or is there a problem with my new sensor? Has anyone ever ran into this problem before.

Thanks for the help!!

JEFF

Last edited by 99SLOWC5; 08-08-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Reset the oil sensor. Turn the key to the on position, but do not start it. Press the button to get to where it says the oil level (Trip, I think?) and hold reset down until it resets. Turn the key to the off position, and that should work.

If it does not work, turn the key to the on position, and wait until the Corvette logo finishes scrolling and press Options three(3) times. The DIC should then start scrolling through all the DIC codes. You can skip the automatic scrolling by pushing reset. If there are any codes relating to the oil sensor, hold reset until the code disappears. Use the first two buttons to scroll up and down through the codes, respectively(The DIC will tell you if you are not throwing any codes.) If the code comes up again, then it is not the sensor, and I have no other idea on how to get rid of it.

Here is a link that says what all the codes mean:
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2c.html#cha

Hope that helps!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Launching!

thanks for the quit reply, I think I got it figured out, hopefully I'll get some tuning done this week.

JEFF

Quick Reply: C5 "low oil level" sensor problems???