Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apology

The moderators didn't have to remove my post, I did. I apologize for flaming on your post Gunner, Yes what I said was out of line. Jealous, No. A little disappointed, Yes.Not once did I personally attack Gunner, and no I have never seen him flame before. My comment was not towards him, but maybe towards Hugh.Sorry If I sounded like a J-A.. Fine, I can keep it to myself. What I see and what a consumer sees are two different things.I guess It erks me to see a company come in so low that it makes it inpractical for us other businesses to support this market. I know what it cost to manufacture these parts, I know it benefits you guys that dont want to or cant spend the bigger dollars on performance parts, but at the end there will only be one choice of cylinder heads when all of us "other guys" decide not to compete anymore. Good for Patriot, they have accomplished what they set out to do.

No, we don't have a problem selling our products, we also have 4 - 5 axis Machines and 16 employees that run 24/7, and maybe we cater a little more toward the racer, but we don't cut any corners whatsoever that could possibly damage our reputation or your engine. Time is Money and Seeing is Believing. So I guess from my perspective, You just get what you pay for. Gunner Sorry for my poor sarcasm/unprofessionalism. That is not representitive of our company. Good luck to you.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

To answer the question of what's coming...

Let's just say in the coming months the competition on LS aftermarket heads is going to tighten up....
Old 08-19-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any specials on the Harland Sharp 1.7 adjustibles? I already have a set of your heads, and as everyone know's I'm very happy with them.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

i predict peoples buttholes clinching soon.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
Any specials on the Harland Sharp 1.7 adjustibles? I already have a set of your heads, and as everyone know's I'm very happy with them.

The 1.7 adjustables run $495.00.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Demon SS
i predict peoples buttholes clinching soon.
Lol, well said.

Brandon
Old 08-19-2005, 03:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
I am currently deployed out in the desert, how long will this price last? I'll be back in the states by X-mas.

fuerzaws6

This is the new permanent price on these.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:17 PM
10 Second Club

hmmm great on the prices comming down. but up sets me cause a lil over a year ago i had to by the 5.3 heads cause thats what i chould afford. now you can get the better heads a couple hundred cheaper. iv had no complaints about my PP heads. exept i had to replace the valve seals on them a few weeks after i put them on. cause my heads still had the old teflon seals.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good things come for those who waited.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gollum
Good things come for those who waited.

So should we be waiting now? You know someone will have a better deal eventually....
Old 08-19-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SMDLS1
I have never seen Gunnar once talk bad about another sponser. I don't understand why a company would make such a comment about another company, I think it is very childish and very unprofessional. With that being said thumbs up to Patriot for offering such a good price on their products.
Very unprofessional. Can you believe this came from one sponsor to another? Then to accuse them of fixing the market to the detriment of the whole LS1 community... And in their "apology" no less! Wow. Bad move, ET.

Yeah, you can play the waiting game. Some people are holding off on AFR heads to go with ET. Some people are holding off on ET heads -- which haven't even hit the market yet, so all we can go on is theory and hype -- for LS7 style cathedral heads, and for the aftermarket version of those heads. Some people are waiting for space alien technology to land on earth.

For my LS1, it's all about the horsepower to dollar sign. For some people -- maybe me, maybe not -- Patriot offers the best heads for the price.

Other than that I won't be going with ET, I haven't made my final decision on budget now or performance later, but thanks, Patriot, for giving me that choice.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

cough cough afr cough
i already have PP stage 2 .. and am thinking of buying another set for celebration
Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Collections Hold

Default let it rest

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Very unprofessional. Can you believe this came from one sponsor to another? Then to accuse them of fixing the market to the detriment of the whole LS1 community... And in their "apology" no less! Wow. Bad move, ET.

Yeah, you can play the waiting game. Some people are holding off on AFR heads to go with ET. Some people are holding off on ET heads -- which haven't even hit the market yet, so all we can go on is theory and hype -- for LS7 style cathedral heads, and for the aftermarket version of those heads. Some people are waiting for space alien technology to land on earth.

For my LS1, it's all about the horsepower to dollar sign. For some people -- maybe me, maybe not -- Patriot offers the best heads for the price.

Other than that I won't be going with ET, I haven't made my final decision on budget now or performance later, but thanks, Patriot, for giving me that choice.
Sharpe,

I apologized to Gunner for what I said, not for how I feel. That is my business. This was not a comment or statement on ET's behalf. It was my own temperment and after being in this business for twenty years and watching the trends, It can be upsetting. To a 18 year old that just bought his first fbody and became an LS1TECH MEMBER will not see my point of view the same way. As for you guys that are on that budget and have the patriot heads, great for you. I would do the same as a consumer if I had to. I my self do shop at Walmart instead of Kroger or Farmer Jack, because its cheeper than the same product at Kroger. The whole Global economy is structured towards this same theory. Remember when everything was american made, I dont. Everyone has a different point of view on this topic. The reason the economy isn't as good as it used to be comes down to the same chain reaction. It is cheeper to make it oversees and now the job market as we knew it went in the dumps. We sure feel it in the Motor City.Some guys may see eye to eye with me some think I am the biggest ahole. My mouth said it before my mind thought about it, things were said and I regret voicing my opinion in this free country I live in. As for your opinions, I don't really get what you were trying to say about spaceships and such. But We have developed the most innovative LS style cylinder head to date. But I am sure as hell not going to release somethink to this market without proving it first, we took a short step back and did just that. Some guys on this forum can sure tear the rear out of people for making mistakes, We don't want to be that one. But I am sure when our backlogged customer recieve their cylinder heads they wont regret the wait. just as the guys waiting for their AFR heads to show up. I respect and appreciate their patience. We have decided after seeing everyones point with the lower price demand, that we have decided to extend our product line to be comparitively priced with the patriots and others, we will offer the same parts as they do with a head that will not require any hand blending and carry all the quality features of our stage 3 heads. We will be priced under a 1000.00 complete.
Last I will say I do appreciate all of the communities respect for what they are looking for in a product and will do our best to cater to every price and performance level. ET Performance has a 99.9% satisfaction and quality track record. We will not sacrafice this as we build a less expensive product. WE also plan on adding the new Edelbrock cylinder head to our product line in the near future.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

................................ I like heads and cams.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

Well I just changed my plans BIG TIME! Can we pre-order at this price? I will be calling you tomorrow...
Old 08-20-2005, 02:03 AM
Launching!

let the battle begin
Old 08-22-2005, 04:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well just when I had my mind made up somebody starts talking about LS7 heads and other kinds of stuff. Well I'm stuck in Iraq probably till the end of the year so I think I will just wait until then to make my descion on the newest space alien technology head there is. Thanks alot guys
Old 08-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cary et performance
Sharpe,

We have decided after seeing everyones point with the lower price demand, that we have decided to extend our product line to be comparitively priced with the patriots and others, we will offer the same parts as they do with a head that will not require any hand blending and carry all the quality features of our stage 3 heads. We will be priced under a 1000.00 complete.
Last I will say I do appreciate all of the communities respect for what they are looking for in a product and will do our best to cater to every price and performance level. ET Performance has a 99.9% satisfaction and quality track record. We will not sacrafice this as we build a less expensive product. WE also plan on adding the new Edelbrock cylinder head to our product line in the near future.
Did I read this right? Are they saying the will have a complet stage 2 or 3 head for under $1000?

CMC
Old 08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds more like a stage I (probably stock valves), with the same "quality" of the stage III.

Either way, I'm really enjoying the price wars.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Collections Hold

Originally Posted by silverTA2002
Sounds more like a stage I (probably stock valves), with the same "quality" of the stage III.

Either way, I'm really enjoying the price wars.
NOW ALL WE NEED IS FOR THE GAS STATIONS TO FOLLOW SUIT!

NO, IT IS NOT REALLY A STAGE 1. wHAT THE HELL IS A STAGE ONE ANYHOW?? GOTTA GET AHOLD OF THE 2005-2006 RULEBOOK. lol

Quick Reply: Patriot Performance Announcement