Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More cam install problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question More cam install problems

Well I removed both the heads and found rings on all the piston rings the size of the valves that I had bent. Is this okay? Doesn't really seem like I had dug to awful deep into the piston rings,some of the circles are only half to as small as a eighth of a circle and some as big as a full circle Found a large carbon buildup on the piston rings so I cleaned them up. Also taking heads to a machine shop to have them all replaced. Do the 98's have the 2.02 valves or are they the 1.94's. If so should I upgrade these?, or stay factory?, do I really need to go with performance rockers? If so,what ones fit just as easy as the factory originals? Also was going to port and polish the heads, figured I had to take them off might as well do some more mods. Also should I change those lifters? Cam instrucions say that I should? Most people are telling me though the factory GM lifters are just fine, and putting in new lifters is overkill. Makes sense to change them though if heads are off. Advise please.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full story please. What cam? Are the heads milled? etc....
Old 08-21-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wink

Dustin read my cam problems from the beg. I explain all the problems I have encountered. Thanx.