Sponsored by:

Head Job

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Job

on a BLOWN motor as well...funny stuff.

Alright question...having my stock 6.0 heads worked with larger valves and porting job, I have a decision to make on how much to mill these heads. Is there any benefit to doing this with my setup (in sig)? I mean the lower the compression the more boost you can throw at it, but .010 mill is not much, but worth what if any? Should you always mill something to clean the "line" maybe?

Mill or not to mill?

thnx in advance
Old 08-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Surfacing .010" shouldn't cause any drama with compression. It should take less than 2cc of volume. Of course it depends on the finished chamber volume that the shop ends up with. Minimum surface milling will help ensure the head gaskets will seal both water and compression in their respective areas.

Good luck with the upgrade.

Richard
Old 08-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
Surfacing .010" shouldn't cause any drama with compression. It should take less than 2cc of volume. Of course it depends on the finished chamber volume that the shop ends up with. Minimum surface milling will help ensure the head gaskets will seal both water and compression in their respective areas.

Good luck with the upgrade.

Richard
Thanks Richard...I am going with .005. Just to clean em up and like you say, make sure those gaskets will cooperate.