Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some head info please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need some head info please.

Got me a pair of 5.3L heads recently, they are #863 castings and I just wanna know if they're worth even messing with. Will they affect the P/V clearance at all, will I need a new tune before even running the car, also can I perform a mild port job on them myself? The reason for me using these heads would be to save some$$ yet get a good bit more power out of what I have. What valves are reccomended or should I stick with the stockers, also what gasket thickness is reccomended? I appreciate any help/ info you might have to contribute. If anyone has an info link please post it. Thanks in advance

Hummer
Old 09-01-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have gathered on the forum so far is that these heads will raise your compression 0.5 but the ports are smaller than 5.7 heads as are the valves. The generally consensus is that you would be better off just milling a set of 5.7 heads.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redmist
From what I have gathered on the forum so far is that these heads will raise your compression 0.5 but the ports are smaller than 5.7 heads as are the valves. The generally consensus is that you would be better off just milling a set of 5.7 heads.
Thanks, appreciate the input!