Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003 | 09:28 PM
Teching In

Default Please Help

I just got done installing my Comp Cam XE-R 224/224 .581/.581 112 LSA, Comp 918's, Hardoned Pushrods in my 98 Z28 A4. The thing I need help with is that the car will idle when it's cold in park and neutral but once you put it in drive or reverse it will die unless I two foot it, and it's still hard to keep it going doing that. Also when it gets warmed up it won't really idle in anything. I'm just wanting to make sure that once I get it dyno tuned tomorrow by one of the sponsors on the right it will idle right and everything. Or will it require a Stall, but before I bought it I made sure from that sponsor that I wouldn't need a Stall so any help is appreciated.
Old 01-14-2003 | 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Please Help

Your car will idle fine once your idle is bumped up a little. If youre running a stock stall then the car will want to surge a lot at red lights. I'd definintely get a higher stall with that cam and a higher idle. I was experiencing these problems when I first did my heads and LT4 cam in my LT1 and a stock stall, it was hard keeping the car still at lights.