Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tap Tap Tap Tap

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tap Tap Tap Tap

I put all new pushrods, valve springs, cam etc in the car about 2 months ago. Today I go in the garage start the car and I hear tap, tap, tap. I check the oil its full. What the hell happen??? I drove the car last night it was running fine. I fell the tapping coming from under the intake, so im assuming its a rod. What could have caused that and is my motor DEAD??? It still starts and has Lots of power just taps like a ****** sucker. I haven't drove the car since. Can that rod be replaced or do I need a new motor i'm pissed.

The car is a 98-z with FULL BOLT ONS. I just put an entire new valetrain upgrade with 224 cam with a 581 lift. Whats the cost to repair or should I start saving for that 427 motor?
Old 09-24-2005, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Search for the other "tap, tap tap, tap," etc. thread.

Could be numerous things. It might not be a rod.
Check all of the valve train and then look in to lifters and then the bottom end.

Change your oil after you look at the valve train and look carefully for any debris in the oil.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check your pushrods and rockers. If you didn't use locktight your rockers might have loosened up
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Default tap

mine did this after a night of racing and sprayin, i just started from the rockers down to the cam and lifters, i finally had to pull the motor and came to find out i had spun the #6 rod bearing.............just work your way down in the motor till you find it and hopefully it will be in the top end.