Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be?? Help Me

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could this be?? Help Me

I guys i've heard bad things about the valve rattle on ls1's anyway, well mine did it but used to go away after the car heated up to running temp. Well, now its doing it all the time and its loud, on top of pissing me off, it does it after i rev it and let it come back down with rattling like a baby.. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem so i can bring it to a shop and tell them..its coming from the passenger side of the engine? Could it be valve problems. I have 56,000 miles on her
Old 10-09-2005, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

did u notice it after over reving her, miss shift. bent push rod or valves, could be colapsed lifter. pull valve cover off and inspect valve dr. train . u could reinstall cover w/ same gasket, I would allow minimal oil leak just to get it to the shop or install new gasket, at least you will know what needs to be fixed by the shop. hope this helps.

fuerzaws6
Old 10-09-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn.....mines doing that same ****....I think it is a lifter loosing its prime....but that means pullin the heads to replace lifter fortunately ive heard of ls1's that have been runnin like this for a while
Old 10-09-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i was told it was to thick of oil and the sound was my oil pump so i put 5-30 in it, now after every oil change man does i make some oise then.. My problem is geting the local dealership to pull my heads, they have to go with a troubleshooting period first when its under warranty