Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now whats the Problem?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Now whats the Problem?!?!?!

Well this is a new problem I just got. A couple of Saturday's ago I ran my car pretty hard twice, once on the Juice and once off, drove home, it ran fine all that night. Next day I go to the folks house, crank it up still no problems yet, but after sitting at the folks house for about 15 minutes I get back in my car and crank it up and on the way back home I mess with Diesel Ford trying to give me the fly by, car ran fine just like she always does, but when I get to the next stop light my car idles at 2000 rpm for no reason, I turn the AC on and it drops it back to my 900rpm idle, I take off smoothly but as I get past 3000rpms in any gear the car acts like its breaking up then it starts to surge real bad. I get to the apt and sit there listening to see maybe I broke spring or fouled my plugs (misfires) but no SES light came on but my cars temp did continue to rise to about 200 and my car usually sits around 180 max unless my AC is on. I turn the car off and then try to start her and she wont crank. Throw the laptop on it and No trouble codes, no misfires, no nothing??
I wait for about an hour and crank it her up, I had to hold the gas pedal down, she fires up and then runs fine, take her down the road past 3000rpms and she is running fine with no break up or high idle??? Today I go to work and all my problems as described are back.
I swapped my Wife's IAC to see if that was the probelm and tha car ran fine around the block, I put the old one back in and the car ran rough so I bought a new one but the hesitation has now moved to about 2600-2800 RPMs and the car cranks up fine but acts like its running super rich cause the idle is real rough but the car also doesnt hang at 3000rpms at idle anymore more but holds at 1500rpms for a second at a stop but then drops back to normal 900rpm idle?!??
I asked a tech at work if it could be a bad injector but he said it would throw a SES light, car acts like fuel is cutting ever so slightly. I havent cleaned my K&N so I dont think oil on the maf is the trouble, I have ProScan software but I have no idea what to look for, I did notice my timing (26 degrees)is fine and my intake Temp remain in good range (thought it may have went out but read that it would read -36 degrees if it did making the PCM dump raw fuel in) What could it be??? Mods are in my sig link, I have a Walbro 255 pump.

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 10-13-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

pull your MAF and give the wires a visual inspection. wouldn't hurt to clean it just for grins.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Think i could swap my wife's 2000 MAF on mine? I have a 98
Old 10-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

They should be interchangeable. It wouldn't hurt to try it. Best of luck to ya!
Old 10-17-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Well my car FINALLY thru a Code, its my ECT (Engine Coolant Temp Sensor) I asked one of the techs at work and he said that could very likely cause the problems I have been having, might have been working on and off and then finally gave out, the code it thru was P0118 http://gearchatter.com/viewtopic8760...b39cfd000b3982 So im gonna replace it and see if thats it.

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 10-17-2005 at 11:03 AM.