Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Guys I need some help here???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hey Guys I need some help here???

Hi there

It might be a little silly jumping directly into mods and not knowing much about them.

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 with 5.3 L Engine

Am looking for some good cams and stroker kits, well as you see am not that good at mods yet am still a beginner and willing to begin in those cool stuff.

I would like you experts to recommend me to a good cam with at least its ID card so i can order, you might ask about my use, well i want to use the car as daily use bases and am looking for cams that will just fit me and my car without any problems or malfunctions in the future.

So i would appreciate some help here, i want it if possible in a simple way so that i can order it and finish my process.

As I am talking about those things am looking also at a full stroker kit for my car. So can you help me with it.

Thanks alot

You can email me at:

mr.algaz@gmail.com

Thanks again

Best regards to you all
Old 11-20-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any time you play around with an engine you are taking the risk of having problems. You have to pay to play. Take some time and dod a lot of reading before spending a bunch of money on parts that don't suit you. What one person calls streetable may not be to the next guy. There are trade offs to modifying the motor wether it is higher idle, surging or just installation mistakes that take parts out. As far as modding a 5.3. You can bore out a 5.3 .100 over to a 3.9 bore, or get a 6.0 block and do .030 over. The problem is by adding power you will need transmission upgrades and suspension parts to put it to the ground. It adds up fast. Do a lot of research before you start buying parts.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Thanks bro

But am looking for your help guys, when it comes to spending money it doesn't matter i need to get a good performance out of this car, i just bought this to modify it to get a good power out of it.

So money is just paper i need some help at this please

tell me what things i have to put in it my step is cams, next step is a full stroker kit, then a supercharger.

Please tell me what kind of steps i need now and the part numbers and the companies if you mind. And what things to put with it so it can fit directly, am looking for a daily use mods

Thanks for your fast reply

What things i have to do with the tansmission and differntial and the suspension
Old 11-20-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Depending on how much power you are trying to make will determine what needs to be done to the driveline. Talk to rock on or flp for a good tranny build up. If you pick a blower cam now you will be down on some power before you get the blower. I would contact some of the sponsors for info on cams. They will have a lot of r&d and customer results to back up their recommendations. If you build a stroker for boost then again it would be low compression and not make great power until a blower goes on. You might want to talk with richard at west coast cylinder heads. He is working with the truck stuff.