Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$2000.00 What next to the car ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads/cam from TSP.

Of course you got to install it yourself.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Alright I could go heads/cam or cam and gears. What would be more benificial, remember this is my daily driver, also how much gas mileage would I lost with head/cam or gears/cam setup. Thanks
Old 12-05-2005, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Looking at your 60' I think you are leaving a little bit at the table. I would look into a set of ET Streets. But (and this is from experience) I would highly reccomend a 12 bolt at the same time. If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have wasted the $$ getting gears installed in a 10 bolt. I know......it's an auto but sooner or later it will break. I did with an A4.

Think about it....if you spin now....a cam won't make it any better. Then you get sticky tires to fix that. Now you are throwing more power down and dead hooking.......It sucks to break down at the strip.

$1,700+- for used 12 bolt
$350+- for ET Streets
u surely expalined my point ..
Old 12-05-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not a great whole bunch, go with the heads and some gears BTW.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by corvet786c
Alright I could go heads/cam or cam and gears. What would be more benificial, remember this is my daily driver, also how much gas mileage would I lost with head/cam or gears/cam setup. Thanks
Depends on how radical of a cam you choose.

Personally I would go heads/cam. With a decent size cam and the 5.3 PRC 2.5 heads you should put down 440 rwhp or so.

Gas Mileage will drop, nothing significant though but you will notice a loss most likley. Also depends on how heavy your foot is.

TSP sells a head/cam package for 1,999

http://texas-speed.com/item_detail.asp?ProductID=1225

This is what I went with myself and I am still waiting to recieve it after ordering it from Jason 3 weeks ago...hopefully they decide to get my **** sent soon

But yeah the heads/cam sounds like the best bet to me.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just looked at your sign and realized you dotn have any subframe connects or suspension mods. Id look into at least getting some subframes welded in, that should be good for the time being, and then go with a nice cam, say an fm13 or comparable with patriot dual springs, titanium retainers, and hardened pushrods. Get that installed and tuned along with the subframes welded in and then some gears and you should be very happy. Also your def gonna lose gas mileage with a bigger cam, but as long as your not going ***** to the walls all the time it shouldnt be TOO bad. Good luckw ith your decision though and honestly the biggest diff I felt in my current setup were the subframes, they made the car feel so much tighter.