Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket roller rockers??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aftermarket roller rockers??

Are there aftermarket roller rockers that will increase the power on the LS1? I know Ive heard of them... but I was just wanting to make sure... What is the factory ratio of our stock arms? Will aftermarket ones bump the power up a bit? by how much? Would you have to get a tune to get the gains? Thanks ALOT!!! Any other info in this direction.. like brands and such to buy or where to get them would help!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:21 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1.7 is the stock ratio.
1.8 would be a jump, but you don't want to do that with the 240+Duration stroker cams. I would only put them on a stock cammed car (maybe). Otherwise you might see around 5-8 hp. Nothing you would be able to feel really. stock rockers will carry you to your HP goals I would assume.
I can assure you that there are 1000's of other things that I would use my $$$ on over rockers.

My $0.02
Old 12-06-2005, 04:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't waste your money on roller rockers. most people just use the stockers, **** lingenfelter uses them in their twin turbo vette. they are hard to dial in and most people that i have talked to have ended up loosing power, and that was a tuner that told me.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roller rockers are expensive. So are cams, headers, intakes, throttle bodies, electric water pumps, heads, gears, and so on. Stock rockers are pretty durable. You will read about the guys on this and other sites who have stockers that break and spit out the rollers into their engines. And it is true that the stock ratio is 1.7, however, it is a variable ratio and as the rocker is initially lifted by the cam it begins working at a much lower ratio. On the other hand, there are rockers that will begin to work at a higher ratio right off the seat and revert back to the 1.7 ratio - like the Crane Gold rockers. It all depends upon what you want to accomplish when it comes to any modification you may undertake. You just need to make sure you have a plan and the parts you buy fit the plan. Look in the parts for sale section. Over and over you see someone saying "I bought this but it doesn't work for me so now I'm selling it". If you want to know whether or not the 1.8's will work for you, find someone who has what you have and has the 1.8's or has had them. Me, I haven't had any experience with the stroker engine like yours and higher ratio rockers. I just have higher ratio roller tip rockers with stock CID.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Just do your bolt ons first. Then start thinking about internal mods.