Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam swap, need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"** Finally finished installing PRC 5.3s- Christmas Day!"

Lol, what a great christmas, wrenching in the garage, plus you finished. I'm serious too, I wish I could get away with that.

I hope to be doing heads in the fall. I think it will be harder from the sounds of it but the cam was a big job too so I don't know. What I do know is I enjoyed every hour of it and will for the heads too.

My favorite part with a big mod is that first time you get to slam on it and you get that "HOLY ****" feeling. Nice job on the cam install, glad we could help and good luck with your "HOLY ****" feeling, lol.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:28 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Awesome! Congratulations on your install. How did you end up torqing the crank pulley? I know you were unsure of that.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks guys

CBX -- the crank pulley went on super easy for me, i just set the pulley on, and pushed it on as far as it would go, got a rubber mallet, tap'ed it until it wouldn't go any further, then used a heavy mallet i had, and at that point i could thread in the old crank bolt with no problem. was really easy i thought
Old 12-29-2005, 09:54 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
thanks guys

CBX -- the crank pulley went on super easy for me, i just set the pulley on, and pushed it on as far as it would go, got a rubber mallet, tap'ed it until it wouldn't go any further, then used a heavy mallet i had, and at that point i could thread in the old crank bolt with no problem. was really easy i thought
How does the car sound now?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Junkie

from stock? this thing sounds BAAAAAAAAAAD! with the cutout open, so pretty much just straight back from the headers, she really rumbles!!! i love it!

all my friends just start laughing when I start the car b/c it sounds like a race car