Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New heads and intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New heads and intake

Just bought a 2000 Trans Am. I'm looking to put a set of ls6 heads and intake on it asap. My question is this. How much hp/tq will this give me to an otherwise stock engine? I'm not new to the car world, but am new to the ls1 realm so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I do change the heads/intake is there anything else that will have/need to be changed? I found a couple sets of ls6 heads on ebay for about 650$(yellow springs?). Does that seem reasonable? Thanks, Jason
Old 01-26-2006, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all that seems very reasonable but......Ijust finished cam,springs,and long tube headers in my 98 Z28 and i can say it was very well invested money. Ls1 heads flow very well untill alot of modifications are done. in my opinion Either spend the money that your using on the heads and intake and do cam and header swap, or do it all. If i had to pick between heads and cam swap i would vote for the cam swap if thats all you can afford. ls1's are a whole different animal with a cam. just make sure you do lots of research on this web site before you make your decision. hope i helped, and welcome to the ls1 world.