Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Help Tq and another question

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Help Tq and another question

Using the 6.0 MLS gaskets with a set of heavily worked 5.3 Heads and arp studs is the tq the same no matter what head gasket? Next question old motor had two metal sleeves per head(not sure what they are called) one on the bottom left furthermost stud and bottom right furthermost stud the new motor did not come with them my buddy said its just to help in aligning the head. Question is what are these called? Do i need them? Where can i get them?

Next question went to local gm dealer and tried to pull up the part number for one of the small oil pan bolts he comes back out with a bigg bolt 14-15 mm and it was what the computer showed does anyone have the part number for one of the small oil pan bolts
Old 02-17-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by fash00
Using the 6.0 MLS gaskets with a set of heavily worked 5.3 Heads and arp studs is the tq the same no matter what head gasket? Next question old motor had two metal sleeves per head(not sure what they are called) one on the bottom left furthermost stud and bottom right furthermost stud the new motor did not come with them my buddy said its just to help in aligning the head. Question is what are these called? Do i need them? Where can i get them?

Next question went to local gm dealer and tried to pull up the part number for one of the small oil pan bolts he comes back out with a bigg bolt 14-15 mm and it was what the computer showed does anyone have the part number for one of the small oil pan bolts
dowls?
Old 02-17-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeh dowels