Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crane rocker arms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default crane rocker arms?

are they worth getting? I am adding ported LS1 heads 228/228 cam new lifters, springs and pushrods. Will the crane 1.7 be worth the money for this set up?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

so nobody has ever used crane rocker arms?
Old 02-22-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by curtisad
so nobody has ever used crane rocker arms?
I have them,but 1.8's and with a Hotcam.Its a hard ? to answer.Some people like them and have great results and some people have problems and go back to stock.

I think that the people who have problems are not doing something correctly,pushrod length/valve springs/lash all the things that come with setting up your valve train.I say if your going to do it right then get them and they are well worth the money.But if you just plan on throwing them on ,then dont.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
I have them,but 1.8's and with a Hotcam.Its a hard ? to answer.Some people like them and have great results and some people have problems and go back to stock.

I think that the people who have problems are not doing something correctly,pushrod length/valve springs/lash all the things that come with setting up your valve train.I say if your going to do it right then get them and they are well worth the money.But if you just plan on throwing them on ,then dont.
well you can just put em on, except they are designed to work best with their own springs. a lot goes into them working their best. your call.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wnt2Go10o
well you can just put em on, except they are designed to work best with their own springs. a lot goes into them working their best. your call.
I dont know if your agreeing or disagreeing?But you cant just throw them on.You need to make sure you have what is needed for the intended use.An example would be that someone buys just the rockers and not the kit(which includes pushrods).Well the pushrods that come with the kit are shorter than stock.I think they are 7.235.Their designed to use a shorter push rod.So if you bought just the rockers you would have problems using the stock push rods.Not that it would be a problem,but you need to make sure your lash is correct.

Also spring pressure like you sorta said is an issue,but their is no springs that are designed specifically for these rockers.You need to do the math and see what pressure is required when raising the cam lift.Talking about 1.8's of course.I believe the 1.7 are a direct replacement.They both have accelerated lift points though.So you need to make sure your springs can handle them.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the crane 1.8's. Worth the money? That's your call. If you do get them I would suggest you install the crane springs too.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:06 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They advertise 10-15 hp. But stay away from 1.8's on a bigger cam.