Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 balancer bolt tool?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 balancer bolt tool?

I did a cam swap and all went well until the balancer moved after 300 miles. I threw a belt and need to trq the balancer again. Do I have to pull the steering rack again? I would like to weld up a tool and try to get the balancer back in place. Can you even get the bolt out with the rack in the way? I would want to use my old bolt and try to get to the 250lb mark, then put the new bolt back in and trq it.
I know you guys are going to say just pull the rack and do it right. hehe. Just wondering if anyone has been in my shoes and tried this?
Cya
Old 02-23-2006, 06:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STLBLUES
I did a cam swap and all went well until the balancer moved after 300 miles. I threw a belt and need to trq the balancer again. Do I have to pull the steering rack again? I would like to weld up a tool and try to get the balancer back in place. Can you even get the bolt out with the rack in the way? I would want to use my old bolt and try to get to the 250lb mark, then put the new bolt back in and trq it.
I know you guys are going to say just pull the rack and do it right. hehe. Just wondering if anyone has been in my shoes and tried this?
Cya
Sorry no way around moving the rack. I've never had a bolt back out in the ~9 times Ive done it, followed the instructions on ls1howto.com to a "T" and have always had good luck....