Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulling out my motor Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pulling out my motor Help!!!

02 Z28, I have everything disconnected even the heads. im gonna be pulling the motor out from uptop, where do i connect the hoist on the block to pull it out. Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whew, maybe not what you wanted to hear, but I highly suggest bottom extraction. but if I had to do it, I would recommend taking out the side bolts for the mains one at a time, and getting about 1 1/2 inch longer bolts, graded like 8 should be fine. and sandwiching about three thick washers like 1 1/4 on each side of the chain link. With four mounting points front most and rear most on each side, it should come with out to much strain, yet you might need to control the swing forward if any with another body. Plus disconnecting the tranny is a must. I mean, to me I would just unbolt the tranny cross member and the k member and lift the nose of the car. Taking the hood off if you needed to clear garage height. Another option is mounting where you thread the head bolts, would recommend this if block was iron, but I do know if any damage would result on the alum block. Good Luck let us know how it worked out, and do a little more searching some one might how a better solution, I would not want to streer you wrong.