Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble Idling

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trouble Idling

ok i have a crazy situation which maybe my problem but i just wanted to ask.
first i hit a deer with my car, so the shop had to take it apart of course, well the guy told me i could install cam while there is not front clip on car, it would be easier on me and IT WAS. Then took car got new springs, retainers,etc. on. then i put LS6 intake on and took it back to repair man. i even sent computer off to get tuned. this is where my question is. i just put the comp in yesterday and tried to crank it, but wouldnt Idle, but i can only run it for a few seconds b/c no raditor ,no front end. so my question is am i not letting it run long enough for comp to learn it? or is it b/c there are alot of unpluged sensors? and how long can i run it with no water in it( to move it from one area of shop to the other). the guy says it takes longer for a alum. block to heat up is this true?

but on a good note it cranks and sounds mean as hell... oh its the magicstick just for ur info.

thanks frankie
Old 03-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Teching In

well, if you have sensors unpluged it will not idle. this is a fact. so plug in all your sensors and see what happens. and for the no radiator thing, you can run it to move it around a little but not to much. watch you temp guage and dont let it go over about 180.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

plus it takes awhile for the car to relearn the fuel curves