Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rocker arms

Old 03-08-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rocker arms

my TA has all the bolt ons with a stock cam and i plan on putting a set of mildly ported heads i already have on another car onto the TA. my question is; what kind of gain can i expect with the head swap and stock cam? would it be worth installing higher ratio roller rockers on these heads and keap the oem cam & what kinda gains can i expect with the rocker arms?

im tryin to keap the stock cam cuz this is my DD and i want to keap it reliable and with decent gas milage.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's lots of after market cams that drive alomost like stock.For the money the rockers cost you could just get a cam and be done with it.If you got 1.8's you'd be in the same boat as me.I want to change out my Hotcam and I'm limited to cam size because of having 1.8's.

Just search around and find a cam thats drives like stock.I'm not sure of all the names,but there's the oldman cam/Cheat R cam.You could make a thread asking about all of the stock drivability like cams.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

would you know what kinda gain i could expect with the ported heads with stock cam and all bot ons?
Old 03-12-2006, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a stock cam, I would not bother. The stock cam runs out of steam above 5200 rpm. No matter how you look at it, more air means more fuel. It will ring true with heads only. The cam only will give more gains than heads only. Like stated eariler, TR has a few cams that will drive very well. Even with an aftermarket cam, the car will be reliable the same as stock.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

you could very easily do just a mild cam with ported heads, like the LS6 or hot cam and be very happy with the results and drivability
Old 03-12-2006, 04:53 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What the hell isn't reliable about a 224 cam? Just saying that it would be a better option for you IMO. Don't waste good money on a set of rocker arms when a cam can cost less. Yes I know you need springs and push rods too. Just think that this would be more worth your while. Not trying to beat on the rocker thing though. your car, your choice.

Search this Thread