Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some advice

Im gonna be as specific as possible here. My dad and i have been building his SS up and the time for a cam sawp is near. ive probably looked at EVERYTHING i possibly could thats anywhere remotely close to what we want. the goal for now is a ~12.30-~11.80 cam only with a six speed. the kicker is while we want some SICK N/A power, we would also like to use it as a great FI cam. I was thinking high 220's-230 tops duration, maybe a lil more and 580-590 lift and play with the LSA(114-115 maybe). a fairly quick ramp rate would be nice too. i mthinkin just get a custom grind to get as close to the preverbial "getting my cake and being able to eat it too." Power under the curve is where its at so peak isnt really our concern.
SS mods already include: Edelbrock stepped race headers, ORY, GMMG, getting HPT soon, stock LS6 intake, SLP lid and cold air. will be keeping stock rear and wont be adding stickies until the new rear. advice is appreciated.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

It sounds like you need to get a custom one ground for you guys. Look at sig below. Cam only with all the goodies, 11.90 was the best. I think it would have done a little better with more tuning!
Old 03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JRracing
It sounds like you need to get a custom one ground for you guys. Look at sig below. Cam only with all the goodies, 11.90 was the best. I think it would have done a little better with more tuning!
yea, at first it was like well lets use this one... and then i started going deeper into whats out there