Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me out here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Me out here...

hey guys im building my first LS1 and am not sure what i want as far as a cam goes. i am looking for something that will get 400 rwhp or close to it atleast. ill be using ported stock heads, the usual bolt ons (long tubes, lid, cutout, blah blah). which cam can get me there? im using an LS6 oil pump and LS6 intake. im just tryin to give u guys all the info i can. umm... it will be 98% street driven in the city with the occassional 2 hour highway trip home, and i am lookin for a nice low end grunt and mid range. im not really concerned with top end power as much as i am low and mid. i am also not sure on a valve train set up but if u guys have any suggestions let me know! so i need a cam, pushrods, springs, and retainers. stock rockers should be alright shouldnt they? now that i think of it, i might want to rev close to 7k safely if possible but if not o well. thanks guys!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Almost any 228/228 or 230/230 will get you there as long as you have supporting mods, I would plan on a gear upgrade also if you are gonna cam it 3.73 or higher depending on the cam. LSX's love cams, dont be afraid to go with somethins a little bigger if you got a M6. Also most performance shops, Texas-Speed, Futral etc. have great customer support so you can always ask their oppinion once you have found a cam you "think" you like. Stock rockers should be fine, but then again that all depends on the cam, and so does that 7k redline, those are mostly top-end cams which require 4.10's and you will lose some bottom end- hence the 4.10's. Good luck let us see some dyno #'s when you finnish
Old 04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Launching!

im not really concerned with top end power tho. i just want to increase my entire power band and mostly low and mid range power. and im hoping to stick with 3.42 gears. please someone reccomend a cam and spring set up. i really dont know much about cams or springs so any and all help is appreciated. thanks guys!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

first i would read this https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/327734-cam-guide.html, then start posting questions

Also give some of the sponsers a call and see what they have to say.

Justin