Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 Build in Truck.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LQ4 Build in Truck.

Hello to all. I am fixing to begin building a mod motor for my truck and have a few questions before I start. The vehicle is a 2004 2500HD with the LQ4 motor. I would like to put together a stroker motor using my existing block. From what I have read I believe that the LQ4 block leads itselft to a 408 kit max. Who makes the best short block stroker kit for this application? I am also looking for a decent cam that will make good torque numbers and am also not sure what type of head setup to run. Do I stick with the truck intake or replaced it with an LS1/6 intake? I think its a simple swap on the intakes if thats what I need to do. Are there any special things to look for in building these motors/ special tools required. Can anyone suggest a good reference manual on these motors. Any help would be great as I continue research on getting the motor built.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one has any suggestioins?
Another question: Does anyone know if the returnless fuel system that is currently on my turxk will be a problem when swaping over to the LS6 manifold? Can I just install my truck fuel rail and injector on to this manifold?

Quick Reply: LQ4 Build in Truck.