Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems?

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but I am having some weird things and am looking for some pointers, since I have only owned my LS1 for about 6 months, I am still learning.

1. After an hour or more on the highway, when I turn on a blinker, the indicator on the dash stays on solid instead of blinking (happens on both left or right)
2. Also after an hour or more on the highway, my cruise control doesn't work anymore.
3. My reading lights on my rearview mirror don't work
4. My horn isn't working.---->need to fix this one QUICK~!
5. My SES light comes on periodically, although I can find nothing wrong, and it will go off by itself.

There is an aftermarket stereo in the car, and I am thinking that the previous owner didn't install it properly, my back seat speakers are not working, but the hatch speakers do. I think I will have to remove the stereo and am pretty sure that I will find that they removed the factory harness/connector. I am guessing that if thats what I find, They probably goofed some other things up electrically while doing that JERRY-RIG job (SP?). Hey what can I expect when I pay only 5 G's for an LS1(w/only 82K miles on it)...other than that, a small dent on the underside and some much needed interior clean up, it was still a DAMN good deal, it runs great and looks pretty decent too.

ANYWAY, if any of you guys can get me started, it sure would be helpful to me.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posting up again...no one has any ideas?