Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads needed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads needed?

I havent been in a cammed/heads car yet. So I guess I dont know what I will be getting myself into

I plan on having 4.10's, Pacesetter LT's & tsp catted Y, ls6 intake, ASP UD pulleys, S3 PnP TB, and a TSP 228R cam installed in May.

Im looking for a daily driver thats viscious What I am worried about, is that the above mods may not give me the bat out of the hole feel I want. Where after spending all the time and money for the install for everything, I'll wish I had gotten heads or something.

I want to stay NA.

I dont plan on trying to get a 10 sec car or go for 500+ rwhp. But I wouldnt mind 400-450 just so that I know I have it, and have it be a good reliable DD.

Will I be satisfied with the above mods or do you think I should go for one of the budget heads? Nothing like getting head cheap darts, or the ls1 cnc ported heads.. Seems those can be gotten for under 1000. Not sure yet how much more that will push my install fees.. but it cant be more than a cam package can it?

Thanks for your time.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say with that cam heads are necessary if you are wanting to get to the 450hp mark. However, I think you could get close with a good set of heads.