Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance Cams

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Patriot Performance Cams

Hey guys... my motor is smoking like a mother f-er... The thing goes through 2 quarts of oil a week - and that's if i'm running it easy...
So... i'm doing a compression test tomorrow (friday) night to be sure, but it looks like a rebuild is inevitable...
So... since i'm rebuilding... i'm looking at cam possibilities... now, for anyone who knows me, i'm a cheap-***... i wanan go with something that will net me some real good power, but not have to replace the whole valvetrain...
so... along with rebuilding (hopefully the car only needs rings, but may need machined) i am looking at a cam kit... I'm looking at this kit by Patriot Performance... its $540 for .650 lift springs, retainers, locks and one of two cams... the one i'm most interested in is the 232/230 .580/.580 110LSA cam - i love a nice lopey cam!
So what i wanna konw is... has anyone had experience with these cams, and what can they tell me?

i've been doing internet research, and i can't seem to find much on them... so... any help?
here's teh link to the website for the two cams they offer
http://www.redlineperformanceenginee...patriotcam.htm

thanks guys!!
btw, any suggestions on the motor, let me konw...
i'm doing the compression test to make sure if its the rings or not... but my father told me that after washing my car the other day, that the car left oil on the floor where the tailpipes were... which i thought was odd... said ti felt and smelled like oil.... liquid oil coming out the tailpipes can't be good
Old 04-20-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I designed that grind for Patriot. At the time they wanted something pretty nasty for a 347 CID engine with there ported heads on it. If you want a nasty idle and good midrange to top end torque it will work very well. You will more then likely have to have a tune on the computer.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm... dyno tune, or will a computer tune do the job?