Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple question botu heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple question botu heads

What heads are best ot go with either no cam or a mild cam?

I have 241's now and plan on doing either just heads, or heads and mild cam.

I want something that is reliable and won't cause any loss of gasmileage/driveability. I am talking about the heads (not cam of course)
Old 04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First off.

You bought the wrong car for gas mileage.
Second. You are not gonna get any better gas mileage with the use of aftermarket heads.

Make sure you read the sticky at the top of this forum. That should help direct you better.

As far as heads go there are 50 different brands that do 50 different things for 50 different styles of driving. You are gonna have to research.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
First off.

You bought the wrong car for gas mileage.
Second. You are not gonna get any better gas mileage with the use of aftermarket heads.
I never asked what heads would give me better gas mileage, nor is gas mileage a major issue. I just don't want it to drop drastically. I have been happy with my gas mileage for the year I have owned my car. basically, i want a head that performs somewhat close to what I have that would give me the best numbers without sacraficing driveability. i also want to know what heads work well with stock cams.

Make sure you read the sticky at the top of this forum. That should help direct you better.
That sticky is about cams

As far as heads go there are 50 different brands that do 50 different things for 50 different styles of driving. You are gonna have to research.
Thats why I am asking since this is a pretty specific question.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say the budget heads are a great buy right now(TSP, Patriot), especially if you plan on camming the car. Plus cams affect MPG way more than heads ever would. if you stay with stock cam (which you wont.. ) you may want to look for a head in the 205-215 cc runner area, but with a small runner that has great flow numbers you have to pay(AFR, ETP, Trick flow). Anything over that you may lose more torque to gain a few ponies up top. And torque is what makes driving Fun....
Old 04-26-2006, 07:16 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

The best advice I can give you would be to search...that will take care of a good amount of questions you have.

If you just want to take the easier route give one of our sponsors a call...they are always more then helpful when it comes to answering the questions that you might have. As far as the best shop to call I would have to say Texas Speed and Performance - good selection, even better prices, and lately for me atleast, good customer service.