Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm officially cammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool I'm officially cammed

I just finished up my cam/spring install last night (Patriot 226/226 w/comp 918's). It was my first cam install and I was working by myself so it was a long weekend of wrenching, but everything turned out fine. Two biggest PITA parts were probably pulling the radiator out and re-installing the oil pump. Besides that everything went pretty smoothly. I do have a video of the initial startup, which I'll try to get up this week. Nothing really groundbreaking here, but none of my friends are really into cars and I'm pretty pumped about it so I had to tell someone.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01formula6
I just finished up my cam/spring install last night (Patriot 226/226 w/comp 918's). It was my first cam install and I was working by myself so it was a long weekend of wrenching, but everything turned out fine. Two biggest PITA parts were probably pulling the radiator out and re-installing the oil pump. Besides that everything went pretty smoothly. I do have a video of the initial startup, which I'll try to get up this week. Nothing really groundbreaking here, but none of my friends are really into cars and I'm pretty pumped about it so I had to tell someone.
Trust me, I know how you feel. I work in a computer programming shop, and one single person is into cars here. The others are all into online computer games, so I have nobody to talk to. Ended up doing the final parts by myself in that one guys garage (he has a compressor for the springs, thank god). Gotta love that clean startup the 1st time...
Old 05-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah...you suck

Did you degree the cam, or just the ol' "dot-to-dot" method?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01formula6
I found the radiator to be the most pain in the *** too.

That's what you got your online buds here for, to talk cars.

Congrats on a nice little accomplishment!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just went dot to dot with it. I can't wait to get it tuned, see what kind of numbers it puts down and then hit the strip.