Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alot of engine noise please come in

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation alot of engine noise please come in

I have a serious problem and dont know what to do. Here is my senario took my car to pik up a few things. Noticed my car was runnig low on gas so i put Mobil 91 octane inthe car. I usally use Sonoco 93, but because was really low on gas I put in Mobil 5 miles later I pull in to my driveway and my car sarts to sound like its running on 4 cylinders and has a extream knock. The car stalls. I try to get it running again but continues to just shut off and wont idle. I changed all the plugs in the car today wich were tr55,s and replaced them with new tr55 and new wires. Tryed to start the car again and still the same results wont idle sound absolutly terrible. What is causing this I only can think of 4 things bad gas, possibily wrong octane in the tanks @ the gas station, 02 sensor went bad clogged, fuel injectors??????? There i no SES light the car has only 18,000 miles on it and /app. 5,000 since the head and cam package

Mt car has stage 2 head cam package from cartech and tunning that has been in the car for app 3 years now. Never ever had any problems with the car till now. I am @ the point now where I may have to take it to the garage for the first time of its life. I als want to mention that have LS1 edit but no scan tool.

Any thing you can suggest??? Ever heard of this before??? What schould I do
Old 05-02-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not to insult your intelligence, but...you didn't put diesel in by mistake, did you??? Hey, it happens. If you did, I think you would have known in less than 5 miles, though.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Banned

you may of been low engough that you sucked some crap up. ? good point on the diesel.. Change your fuel filter..
Old 05-02-2006, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gearhead1
Not to insult your intelligence, but...you didn't put diesel in by mistake, did you??? Hey, it happens. If you did, I think you would have known in less than 5 miles, though.
No did not put in diesel in by mistake, not possible in NY the the a diesel pump dia is bigger than that of normal gas pump. In other words I could not get a diesel nossle into my Trans am gas tank.

The fuel filer is another on that I was thinking about. Maybe I wll change it. It all seems so odd that it is possible that I am just that unlucky that I would have bad gas that would not alow my car to run.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's also possible that you got some gas with water in it. See if you can pump some out and let it sit a while to see if the water seperates from the gas. Isn't there a schrader valve up on the fuel rail somewhere that would allow that??
Old 05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

not sure if there is a valve that would alow this. I am thinkin that my next move might be to pump out the gas already in the car, and put in some Sunoco gas. Has anyone ever had this happen to them??? If I had a bad O2 sensor could that cause all this madness???? Or schould I just have picked up to go to the garage?????
Old 05-03-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bernieblackbird
If I had a bad O2 sensor could that cause all this madness???? Or schould I just have picked up to go to the garage?????
Bad O2 shouldn't affect startup, and should give a check engine at some point.